Want to be a badass? The time is now.
If you’ve ever passed a billboard on the highway and thought, “This thing is horrendous. I can do better,” we want to talk to you.
We meet Tuesdays from 5 to 7 p.m. To join that party, you’ll have to jump through one hoop: in this case, a 20 minute interview with a few eboard members. Sign up sheet coming soon.
You can get more information at Sparticipation (2017 date TBD). We will also be holding an informational meeting on Tuesday, September 5th at 7 p.m in room 27 of the basement of Comm Arts.
But if you want to get started ASAP—which we hope you do—here’s what you can do to prepare:
- Make a resume. Obviously. Email it to us before your interview—but not 10 minutes before.
- Prepare to answer our prompt during your interview: (prompt TBD…coming summer 2017!).
- Creative: Get your portfolio ready with class work, personal work or whatever best shows your talent.
- Management: Gather writing samples, essays or projects for us to check out.
- Practice selling yourself. You’re an ad major!
- If you’re an underclassman, don’t stress about this list too much. We won’t just rely on what you have done; we’ll evaluate what you could do.
- Ask yourself if you would like to take AAF for ADV 386 or 486 class credit. Whether taking it for credit or simply for experience, we’ll expect same amount of effort.
- Seriously, if you are at all interested, email us at email@example.com. We’re happy to answer your questions—even when we’re by the pool or traveling the world.